Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Two-row backing tends to elongate the pattern somewhat, so you might have to adjust your pattern to compensate.
Bird's eye backing
Vertical striped backing
Front - went a bit wrong and dropped some stitches
Sunday, 14 March 2010
Cast on EON (Every Other Needle) with waste yarn and knit a few rows, and then knit 1 row ravel cord. Knit required depth of rib at MT, and 1 row MT+2, followed by depth of rib again. Bring all needles into work.
Hang first row of knitting onto empty needles and knit 1 row.
Note: mock rib is not as stretchy as real rib.
- Cast on with waste yarn and knit a few rows
- Knit 1 row ravel cord
- Knit 1 row main yarn
- Select alternate (eg odd) needles to D position, set carriage to slip/part both ways, knit 1 row
- Select alternate (eg even) needles to D position, knit 1 row
- Repeat 4 and 5
- Cancel slip/part, set carriage to hold.
- Select the 5th and every following 8th needle to hold
- Knit 6 rows
- Cancel hold
- Knit 5 rows
- Pick up cast on row and hang it onto needles, knit 1 row
- Work picot hem as for single picot hem.
- Knit 12 rows.
- Knit 1 row with a coloured cord along with the main yarn.
- Knit a further 5 rows with main yarn only.
- Transfer every 2nd needle, leaving empty needles in work.
- Knit 6 rows
- Pick up the row marked with the coloured cord and hang onto needles
- Knit 1 row
- Pull the coloured cord tight and remove from one end